Thursday, June 30, 2011

Margherita Pizza

Remember I told you about my little garden's basil takeover. Well, it is getting out of control! I'm about to start throwing basil in everything...whether it makes sense or not, its getting thrown in the pot. Earlier this week I made a Margherita Pizza that was quick, easy, delicious, and most importantly called for basil.

Here are the ingredients and the steps I followed:


For the base of the pizza, follow the instructions on the Pillsbury Pizza Dough label.
 
Next add 1/2 cup of sauce and start slicing. Try to cut the tomatoes and cheese no thicker than 1/4 inch.
Arrange the cheese and tomatoes on the pizza and liberally salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with dried oregano and top with about a 1/2 cup of shredded basil leaves.

Bake according to package instructions. Then, top it with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
  
Yum! I used some of the leftover basil and mozzarella to throw in a side salad. I will be making this one again soon...since, you know, I have a basil farm in my backyard.

2 comments: