Thursday, April 14, 2011

Outdoor Bistro Set

About 5 years ago, my mom gave me an adorable outdoor bistro set. I have really enjoyed it, but lately it has started looking pretty rough. Last Saturday I decided to bring this little set back to life.


I sanded down the table and chairs, making sure to go with the grain, until the wood was smooth. Next, I used a paint brush to apply the cedar colored stain. The brand I used was a stain and sealant in one so I didn't have to finish the surface with any additional product.


I found these seat cushions for $9 a piece at Walmart, and they match our outdoor furniture's accent pillows. (Score!) I like how the bright pillows tie everything together.


After purchasing the pillows, sand paper, paint brush, and stain, I only spent around $30. I had a lot of fun with this inexpensive afternoon project!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh love it! I'm off to the fabric store! Thank you for the inspiration!

    Cheers,
    Gina

    http://ginambiber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete