Friday, April 1, 2011

Home is Wherever I'm With You

Recently, Brian and I took the plunge and bought our first house. 


Home Sweet Home!


We have been married for a little less than 2 years, and during that time we have lived in 3 houses. In the past 7 years, both Brian and I have moved 8 times. Needless to say, we were finally ready to call something our own.

It was an exciting and stressful process. From the second I saw the house online, I knew it was our house. Brian loved it but wasn't completely convinced. After we looked at it, we both knew it was the ONE. We decided to put in an offer and things got a little crazy. The seller was in a unique financial situation and initially refused to budge on the price.  After we made our original offer and it was rejected, we put in a verbal "hail mary" offer, the absolute best we could do, and she rejected that too. Yes, I cried like a baby and was extremely immature and dramatic about it..what else would you expect?

About a week later, Brian got a call from our realtor and the seller was ready to negotiate! We came to terms that made everyone happy and just like that - we bought ourselves a house. It is very much a move-in ready home, but I have all kinds of ideas swirling around in my head. I watch way too much HGTV and DIY network not to take on a few fun projects.


Hank couldn't wait to see his new house.


Now listen to "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.  I have deemed this jam to be our house's theme song. (What? A house can have a theme song!)


Favorite verse - "Laugh until we think we'll die, barefoot on a summer night, Never could be sweeter than with you, And in the streets we're runnin' free, like it's only you and me, jeez, your somethin' to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment