Thursday, August 11, 2011

When Good Ideas Go Bad

As you know, I have been recreating something from my Pinterest pinboards each day during the month of August. I had to give you a preview of one of this week's projects because its a prime example of what happens when good ideas go bad! Before you look at my pictures, look how awesome this pin is. The instructions are simple: picture + mason jar + oil = a unique, one-of-a-kind picture frame. I love how in the example the oil gives the picture a sepia effect. However, this is what happend when I attempted this.

Brian is sporting a sexy Jay Leno chin, and I look a solid 300 lbs. Very nice.

Okay - so that didn't work. My next thought was to try a picture that isn't zoomed in so close and that is in black and white. Well.....

I know I have big forhead, but not THAT big!

Okay, that didn't work either! It makes me laugh though. My body looks super small (um, which is a first!) so I think I'll just leave this out to make me feel good about myself. I can totally overlook the gigantic forehead for an image of me with a tiny waist and legs. Ha!

Moral of the story, I'm not sure how to make this work. Maybe a larger jar with the sides more like a square? Maybe a different picture? It really doesn't matter. This little project cracked both of us up. So in the end, it was totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know either, but this post cracked me up. You definitely get an A for effort.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete