Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Is It Football Season Yet?

I know its only August, and I should not wish the summer away. However, when I read an article like this, I can't help but get really excited about football season. I love everything about football. I love tailgating. I love loud, border-line obnoxious fans. I love that for three months my weekend diet consists primarily of beer, hot wings, and pizza. I love ESPN's College Game Day with the tear jerker pre-game stories. I love the weather. Most importantly - I love my Arkansas Razorbacks! In an attempt to channel my excitement, I decided to get my office football season ready. This project turned out great, and it was so simple and inexpensive!

Supplies (Note: wooden circles and glue gun not pictured)

What you Need:
*Sturdy Cardboard or Wooden Letters (I used the sturdy cardboard because they were only $1 per letter at Hobby Lobby.)
*3 Bottles of craft paint ($1 per bottle)
*1 Bag Wooden Circles ($3 per bag)
*Hot glue gun and glue sticks
*Sponge paint brushes

I already had the hot glue gun, sticks, and brushes so this project only cost me around $10.00.

First, I painted the front and back of the letters red.

Next, I painted the circles black and white, and hot glued them to the letters.

Woo Pig Sooie!

Maybe my die hard Alabama fan co-workers won't hide these from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment