Monday, August 15, 2011

Pinterest Challenge: Week Two Wrap Up

What a week! I had a few diy-don'ts and recipe malfunctions, but overall, I consider it a success. Well...I laughed at myself a lot. Let's just say Martha Stewart would not have been impressed with my performance last week. Ha!

Monday, August 8

Lemon Ice Cubes

This is such a great trick for a baby or wedding shower punch bowl. Just slice up a few lemons and freeze them with a little water in a muffin tin. I made a pitcher of raspberry Crystal Light and the lemon ice cubes really fancy it up.

So easy and pretty!
Tuesday, August 9

Mason Jar Picture Frame

This is what I like to a call a DIY-Don't. You can read all about it by clicking on the link above. I left it on my kitchen counter because it cracks me up every time I walk by it.

Wednesday, August 10

Scrapbook Paper Centerpieces

I had big plans for this little guy. All you need is an old can or jar, spray adhesive, and scrapbook paper. I wanted to make a little centerpiece for the table like the pin illustrates. Unfortunately, last week was insane so I never made it to the store for fresh flowers. It does, however, make a perfect pencil holder. Ha!


Not quite a centerpiece, but its practical.

Thursday, August 11

Homemade Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Maker Necessary)

You have to make this. No, really. I was so intrigued by this because most ice cream recipes require an ice cream maker. For this recipe, all you need is heavy whipping cream, eagle brand milk, a little melted butter, a splash of vanilla, and whatever toppings you can dream up.  We had some double stuffed Oreos in the pantry so I crushed a cup or so of those and threw them in there. Best. Cookies & Cream Ice Cream. Ever. I promise. It is soooo rich, but worth every single calorie.


My new favorite recipe.

Friday, August 12

Clementine Candle

This little project was sort of a bust. I tried this 4 different times. As much as I loved having an excuse to eat four clementines within a 30 minute setting, it just didn't work. I finally got the stupid thing to light long enough to take this picture, but it didn't have a fruity, citrus smell. It just smelled like something was burning...that shouldn't be.

It's a good idea..in theory.


Saturday, August 13

Lemon Drop Jello Shots

Aren't these adorable? Don't let them fool you with their cuteness, they are dangerous. Delicious and dangerous. You would think four years of college would have taught me a thing or two. Nope. They get me every time.

Classed up Jello Shots :)

Sunday, August 14

Mozzarella Sticks

Okay - I take complete responsibility for the downfall of this recipe. All you need to do is to wrap up a piece of string cheese in an egg roll wrapper and deep fry it for 30-60 seconds. After everything I ate this weekend, I really didn't want to fry these.  I did a little research and found a similar recipe that says you can bake these at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes and they'll brown up for you in the oven. Um, as you can see - that did NOT happen! Ha! They didn't taste that bad. I mean its hard to mess up gooey, melty cheese, but they aren't very pretty. I don't think I'm going to attempt these again unless I'm in the mood to fry them up. Oh well, you win some you lose some, right?

They tasted better than they look. :)
Four out of seven projects worked - so at least I still have a winning season at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment