Friday, May 20, 2011

Three Things Making Me Happy

After an exhausting week like this one, it's important for me to step back and really think about things that I am thankful for and that make me happy.

(1) Brian and I had a wedding anniversary on May 15th.  I can't believe we have already been married for two years. They say time flies when you are having fun! I guess whoever 'they' are - is right. I'm not going to get all mushy-gushy, but it really is fun being married to your best friend.

May 15, 2009 = Perfect Day!

(2) Both of my sisters are college graduates! In December, Laura graduated from Arkansas State University, and last Saturday, Ellen graduated from the University of Arkansas. I can't believe my baby sisters are so grown up. I am VERY proud of them!

Laura's Graduation Day
 
Ellen's Graduation Day

(3) This week I booked Brian and I a condo in Orange Beach, AL for three nights in June. The beach is my happy place. As you can see from the picture in (1), we love the beach so much that we decided to get married there! I can be pretty high strung at times (understatement of the century), but the beach is where I feel completely relaxed.

It really does help me to stop and be thankful whenever I am feeling overwhelmed. I feel better already.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

    Cheers,
    Gina

    http://ginabiber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete