Saturday, May 28, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Trifles

I know it seems like I'm contradicting myself since my last post was about getting into shape and this post is about dessert, but let me explain! Memorial Day is an important American holiday, so you see its my patriotic DUTY to make this dessert. This is me justifying what's about to go down.

In my defense, I picked a recipe that is very low in fat and calories. It doesn't get much lighter than Angel Food Cake, strawberries, fat-free Cool Whip, and blueberries. I cubed a piece of the cake and layered the ingredients in a juice glass.


So pretty and so easy!


I have never made Angel Food Cake from scratch so I wanted to try it out. I used this recipe, and it turned out heavenly. (Get it...Angel Food..Heavenly...I got jokes today, y'all) 



Egg whites are magic..how do they do that!?! I'm easily amused.
 

Yum!

This recipe would still be delicious and super fast if you used a store bought cake or a box mix. Believe me, I'm all about cutting corners where I can, but I guess I was feeling wild and crazy today. (Yes, I know how sad it is that I am using 'wild and crazy' in this context.)

Anyway, hopefully, some of you have an actual 'wild and crazy' weekend planned. Say a prayer for our brave soldiers this weekend, stay safe, and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this looks awesome! Actually, I think it's a perfect warm weather dessert. You nailed it!

    Cheers,
    Gina

    http://ginabiber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete