Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tailgating Leftovers: Cheese Dip Chicken Spaghetti

A few weeks ago, we watched the Arkansas vs. Troy game at the house. I believe it is IMPOSSIBLE to watch football without cold beer and snacks, so I made a few things for us to munch on during the game. No matter what or who I am cooking for, I always make too much. It is a good thing Brian and I aren't scared of leftovers! In an attempt to not be wasteful, I decided to try to incorporate the leftover cheese dip into a weeknight meal.

The classic Velvetta Cheese Dip recipe is to cube one block (1lb.) of Velvetta, throw in 2 cans of Rotel (drained), and melt it the microwave - stirring every two minutes until melted. There were only four of us watching the game so I used 1/2 of the Velveeta and 1 can of Hot Rotel.

The next day I was trying to find something to fix for dinner, and I decided to get creative. I combined the leftover cheese dip with the other 1/2 lb. of Velveeta, threw in another can of Rotel, and added a can of cream of chicken soup. While this mixture was melting in the microwave, I boiled 1lb. of pasta. When the cheese mixture was melted, I stirred in a large can of drained canned chicken. Next, I drained the pasta and added it to the cheese sauce. Just like that - Cheese Dip Chicken Spaghetti was born.


Note: If canned chicken grosses you out, you could use rotisserie, boiled, or baked chicken.

Not the healthiest meal in the world - but it's tasty, quick, and resourceful!

2 comments:

  1. OK, you had lemons and somehow made lemonade. You are very, very efficient. You would be great on Chopped.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great recipe, perfect for one of my tail-gate parties! It is simple and quick, I hate wasting left over’s. Tailgating is one of my favorite things to do with my family. I love finding creative recipes to bring to the party. No party is complete without the Tailgater from DISH. It brings your TV from home to the great outdoors. It’s light-weight and weather resistant making it perfect for camping, BBQ’s, and tailgating. Working for DISH I can tell you that you don’t even need a second account.

    ReplyDelete