Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stairway to Heaven

I read an article that said Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' was released 40 years ago today. When I was 15 or 16, my dad gave me a collection of Led Zeppelin's greatest hits. Well, I'm not sure if he gave it to me, or I 'forgot' to give it back. I had a bad habit of stealing his CDs. It quickly became one of those that stayed in my car's CD player - on repeat.

Dad always made sure me and my sisters appreciated good, solid rock music. I'm going to enforce the same principles in my future, hypothetical, non-existent children. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles will be household names. Brian will make sure they know who Hank, Johnny, and Merle are. We're going to raise those babies right. :)

After I read the article, I started wondering if I could track down the CD and look what I found in my trunk. This is the same CD holder I had in my first car 10 years ago. When did I get old?

It really made me smile to find it. 
In honor of this anniversary, I thought I'd post this video. As a bonus, I posted a sound clip of one of my all time favorite songs 'Going to California'.




Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find the Avril Lavigne cd in that case? I know we listened to it a few time in the PT Cruiser. Ha.

    Love Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Led Zepelin (and I discovered them when I was in high school). You have great taste in music!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete