Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pinterest Challenge: Final Post

With the exception of one Saturday, I made something from my Pinterest boards every day during the month of August! I had such a blast doing this. As an accountant, my job is very repetitive. I like what I do, but it is easy to get 'stuck in rut' when doing the same things over and over again. This project let me do something new and different every day. No matter how small the project or simple the recipe, I got the satisfaction of accomplishing a goal daily. Even after a month, I am ridiculously addicted to Pinterest. I will continue to post recipes and projects inspired from my pins... just not as frequently.

Monday, August 29

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Crescent Rolls

These were so good. Roll out the crescent dough, spread with peanut butter and chocolate chips (We also added pecans), roll them up, and bake according to the package instructions. You could also make 'Cinnamon Toast' with butter and cinnamon/sugar, or 'Smores' with chocolate chips and marshmallows. The possibilities are endless..and delicious.


Peanut Butter - Chocolate Goodness

Tuesday, August 30

Fruit Kabobs

This is something I haven't done in a while...make a HEALTHY snack. One thing I can say - I blame Pinterest for my pants fitting tighter this month. Okay, so no one forced me to make Oreo Ice Cream, Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies, Cinnamon Sugar Bread, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Crescent Rolls, etc.. However, it happened! Oops! These kababs are quick, pretty, and tasty. I used fat-free dark chocolate pudding as the dipping sauce.


These would be great at baby or wedding showers.


Wednesday, August 31

Rolo Pretzel Bites

So I was healthy for a whole...day! Then, I decided to make these little guys. Lightly spray a baking sheet and spread out the square shaped pretzels. Place the Rolo on the pretzel and bake at 250 for 4-5 minutes. Top with a pecan and lightly press down. Freeze for an hour or until the chocolate is firm. Enjoy!

These are addicting!

Thank you for your encouraging words during this challenge. Hopefully, you have been inspired to channel your creativity and try something new!

1 comment:

  1. I have loved watching you work your way through this challenge. You have really made some fantastic things (and the stories of the not-fantastic ones were entertaining).

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete